You are here

Webgrab config xml

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 8 years
Last seen: 1 hour
Webgrab config xml

I got webgrab running on linux (also on windows ) with version 1.56.14 running fine. I update to the latest beta and dont'know what I am missing,  I get this error :

       ]             WebGrab+Plus/w MDB & REX Postprocess -- version V1.56.17            
[        ] 
[        ]                                 Jan van Straaten                                
[        ]                              Francis De Paemeleere                              
[        ] 
[        ]             thanks to Paul Weterings and all the contributing users             
[        ] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[        ] 
[        ] Job started at 08/03/2016 17:26:55
[  Debug ] 
[  Debug ] Running  on: Unix 4.2.0.18
[  Debug ] Environment: 4.0.30319.17020
[  Debug ] Mono version: 4.2.2 (Stable 4.2.2.30/996df3c Mon Feb 15 17:30:30 UTC 2016)
[  Debug ] 
[  Debug ] Reading config file: /home/dreameli/webgrab/WebGrab++.config.xml
[  Debug ] Loading timezone data
[  Debug ] Embedded timezones source: WGconsole.WG.Common.timezonesdata.txt
[        ] Job finished at 08/03/2016 17:26:56 done in 0s
[Critical] Config syntax exception:
[Critical]       file: /home/dreameli/webgrab/WebGrab++.config.xml
[Critical]    message: 
[Error   ] Unhandled Exception
[Error   ] System.ArgumentException: Empty path name is not legal.
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) <0x7f9ccfbcc6c0 + 0x00129> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize) <0x7f9ccfbcc680 + 0x00030> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks) <0x7f9ccfbcc5b0 + 0x0003b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor (System.String path) <0x7f9ccfbcc590 + 0x00016> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamReader:.ctor (string)
  at System.IO.File.ReadAllText (System.String path) <0x7f9ccfd5b580 + 0x00033> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WG.Common.Utils.SiteIniRevisionNumber (System.String file) <0x410980a0 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WGconsole.Config..ctor (System.String ConfigurationFilePath) <0x410565c0 + 0x02cab> in <filename unknown>:0 
[Critical] For detailed info, see log file /home/dreameli/webgrab/WebGrab++.log.txt
[Critical] Execution stopped

 

WGMaker
Offline
WGMaker's picture
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 11 years
Last seen: 12 hours
Is the support helpful?
support us

Hi Mat8861,

 

pls send us your log and config file. That´s the only way we can have a look what went wrong.

 

Jan

francis
Offline
francis's picture
Has donated long time agoWG++ Team member
Joined: 11 years
Last seen: 3 months
Is the support helpful?
support us

Hé mat8861,

Looked at the code and I think there is only 1 path I can think of that could cause this issue. Where are the siteini's you use stored?

I think you will have them not stored next to your config file, but in a sub-directory.

Previous versions of wg++ just searched all the sub folders next to the config file to find any siteini. But because we are changing some things in preparation of the new V2 installer, we have changed that behavior. As of V56.16, wg++ will look in 2 folders.

siteini.user and siteini.pack.

siteini.pack, is the folder you get when you download the siteini.pack from the website. This folder will be owned by the program, so best that users don't change things inside that folder.

siteini.user will be a folder where wg++ will look for any other siteini. So if you now have one are more folders with siteini's, just move it(them) to a new siteini.user folder and you will be fine.

Just let us know if you are in the situation like i stated above and that the siteini.user folder is the fix to this issue.

 

mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 8 years
Last seen: 1 hour

Thanks Jan and Francis, moving  the site.ini in a siteini.user subdirectory solved the error.

Log in or register to post comments

Brought to you by Jan van Straaten

Program Development - Jan van Straaten ------- Web design - Francis De Paemeleere
Supported by: servercare.nl